Indonesia Research Institute for Decarbonization (IRID) is an Indonesia-based think tank focusing on policy analysis and policy advocacy to support decarbonization and a resilient society. Established on 13 December 2020, IRID was founded with a strong vision to continuously promote decarbonized and climate resilient development, not only in Indonesia, but also at the global level.
IRID works in the areas of, but not limited to, climate policy and negotiation, carbon market, renewable energy policy and development, climate finance as well as environment and climate law. IRID also aims to not only raise awareness but also to build the capacity of relevant stakeholders to make them be able to actively contribute in the efforts to achieve decarbonized and climate resilient societies.
IRID is currently seeking a Junior Communications Officer to support the communications activities and implementation of communications strategies. This position is local recruitment, only for Indonesian nationality, and based in Jakarta.
II. Scope of Work
Under the supervision of Advocacy Director and close coordination with Communications Specialist, here are some key responsibilities for this position.
- Contribute to the implementation of communications and outreach strategies
- Assist preparation of the development of various prints, digital publications or audio-visual that highlight the issues of IRID’s core area of works: decarbonization and climate resilience;
- Support the communications aiming at enhancing visibility of IRID among stakeholders (policy maker, NGOs, CSOs, research institutions, governments, media and public) through various communications activities and events (for example: webinars, FGD, workshops, etc);
- Assist team in develop articles and blogs for IRID’s website, including translation of writings.
- Social Media
- Support the content development and creation for IRID’s social media accounts;
- To assist Communications Specialist in monitor and evaluate social media performance;
- To provide timely and effective responses or public inquiries in social media.
- Media Monitoring
- Regular monitoring and analysis of relevant news and stories from mainstream media that are related to climate change such as energy transition, decarbonization, climate policy, climate negotiation and so forth;
- Help Communications Specialist in monitor trends and latest development for IRID’s activities as part of IRID’s communication outputs (such as statements, news coverage)
- Third party relations
- Support the Advocacy Department in maintaining relations with vendors or third party that are related to communications, such as: graphic designers, layouters, publishers, etc.
III. Expected Skills and Experiences
- Have a minimum BA/ BS degree in either of the following: Communication/ Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, English, and Environment.
- Have minimum 3 years of experience working as communications officer in a non-profit organization, research institutions or public relations agency.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Indonesia, especially in writing and speaking skills;
- Basic understanding of environmental and sustainability issues in general, understanding in climate change issues is a plus;
- Passionate in non-profit communications and good social media skills;
- Versatile and willing to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to work both independently and in a team.
- Eager and willing to learn new issues, particularly related to decarbonization and climate resilience.
IV. How to Apply
Interested applicants should send in their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Junior Communications Officer_Your Name by 28 August 2022 at the latest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.